The ANMF is providing support and advice to any members seeking information regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). ANMF members are fortunate to have an understanding of infection control principles through their education and the accreditation standards by which their health facilities are measured. The community will be looking to nurses, midwives and personal carers to provide guidance and reassurance.
- COVID-19 - Changes to Federal Office operations
- ANMF Victorian Branch - Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and information
- NSW Nurses and Midwives’ Association (NSWNMA) - Latest Guidelines for Nurses: COVID 19
- Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) - COVID-19 information for members
- ANMF (SA Branch) - COVID-19 updates and resources
- ANMF Tasmanian Branch - COVID-19 resources and news
ANMF Evidence Brief - COVID-19: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
What is the best available evidence regarding personal protective equipment in the context of COVID-19? Read more.
Information for nurses wanting to assist during the COVID-19 pandemic
Individuals wanting to come back to assist during the COVID-19 pandemic or those in the workforce wanting to access information should go to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) - https://www.ahpra.gov.au/News/COVID-19.aspx.
Department of Health coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources
The World Health Organization has announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic. Find out how the Department of Health are monitoring and responding to the outbreak, how you can help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Australia, and what to do if you have symptoms. | Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
Updates, information and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19) are available on the Department of Health website.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – frequently asked questions
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources for health professionals, including aged care providers, pathology providers and healthcare managers
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for workers in residential aged care facilities
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for older Australians
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for families and residents on restricted visits to residential aged care facilities
Online Training and Education
ANMF Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Online
All nurses and midwives can demonstrate leadership in infection prevention and control. Make sure you are delivering best practice using your knowledge, skill and judgment with this core competency. Our Infection Control and Prevention course is free to all ANMF members and is worth 5 hours of CPD towards your registration.
When should hand hygiene be performed? What are the correct techniques across different settings? Our Hand Hygiene course is free to all ANMF members and is worth 2 hours of CPD.
Access both courses through our new-look Continuing Professional Education portal.
COVID-19 infection control training
This 30-minute online training module is for health care workers in all settings. It covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19. Find out more and register here.
Department of Health e-Learning Module 1: Personal Safety
The Department of Health has released the first module in a new e-Learning program aimed specifically for Aged Care workers on appropriate health management techniques in all aged care settings. The module can be accessed here.
- Coronavirus video – Older Australians
- Coronavirus video – Social distancing
- Coronavirus video - Help Stop The Spread
- Coronavirus video - Recent Traveller
- Coronavirus video - Good Hygiene Starts Here
- Coronavirus video - Stay Informed
COVID-19: Frequently asked questions
Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions from clinicians including Epidemiological FAQs, Clinical Care FAQs, Public Health FAQs and information for practices and patients.
ACTU Fact Sheets
COVID-19 (coronavirus) scams
Unfortunately, scammers are taking advantage of the spread of coronavirus to exploit and play on the fears of consumers across Australia. | Read more
ANMF Media Releases relating to COVID-19
- ANMF calls on Government to protect nursing home residents and staff | 4th March 2020
- Federal Government needs to be clear on strategies to prevent spread of COVID-19 | 16th March 2020
- ANMF calls for immediate stop on all non-essential visits to nursing homes | 18th March 2020
- Nursing students are only one solution in responding to COVID-19 pandemic | 18th March 2020
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities must be protected from COVID-19 pandemic | 19th March 2020
Help stop the spread and stay healthy
A national campaign has launched to inform all Australians about the coronavirus (COVID-19). The campaign aims to reduce the risk to individuals and families by enabling them to make informed decisions and to take up health recommendations. Video and radio material is available here and print ads are available below.
Simple steps to stop the spread
Good Hygiene is in your hands
Recently Travelled Overseas?