Budget 2015 has just been announced and follows on from Budget 2014 which saw an assault on Australia's universal healthcare system along with other cuts which will hurt ordinary Australians.
Budget 2015 Cuts:
- A further $2 billion in cuts to the public health system (on top of the $57 billion announced in budget 2014) - including the child dental benefits schedule, preventative health care, mental health and drug and alcohol programs
- Four year freeze on Medicare rebates and could lead to even higher charges than the original failed GP Tax from last year.
- Increase of $5 per script on the pharmaceutical benefits scheme
- Denying the access of nearly 100,000 nurses and midwives to the Government 18 week paid parental leave scheme | Find out more
- Slashing the $40 million workforce development fund for the already in crisis aged care industry
What you can do:
- Tell the Senate to Save Paid Parental Leave – sign the petition
- Tell us if you are one of the nurses and midwives who was planning to start a family in the next few years and how this unfair decision will impact on you and your household