The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) are seeking new Committee members for the following Committees and are also interested in hearing from persons with experience in offering dual degrees (Bachelor Nursing/Bachelor Midwifery) for the Midwifery Accreditation Committee:
- Registered Nurse Accreditation Committee
- Enrolled Nurse Accreditation Committee
- Eligible Midwife Committee
- Nurse Practitioner Accreditation Committee
These Committees have a key role in the governance structure for the ANMAC accreditation functions. ANMAC is also seeking persons to be available on an eligibility list to fill casual vacancies and replace retiring members without delay.
- To review the outcomes of assessments undertaken by ANMAC assessment teams in relation to nursing and midwifery education programs leading to registration or endorsements in Australia and make recommendations to ANMAC in relation to the accreditation determination, any conditions and the reporting requirements for monitoring purposes.
- To review the reports from individual assessment teams to ensure that there is sufficient evidence that a program being assessed meets the Accreditation standards.
- To make recommendations to the ANMAC Board concerning whether accreditation should be granted, granted conditionally or refused.
- Any conditions that should be applied.
- The reporting requirements for monitoring purposes.
- To recommend the establishment of a review panel if irreconcilable differences arise between the Accreditation Committee (and assessment team) and an education provider.
ANMAC has now been the national accreditation authority responsible for nursing and midwifery education programs leading to registration or endorsement in Australia for more than 2 years. Members of the ANMAC Accreditation Committees include nursing and midwifery academics and clinical leaders from across Australia. The Committees usually meet once a month via teleconference or video conference. Also, several face-to face meetings are held each year in Canberra. Travel costs and sitting fees are covered for the face-to face meetings.
If you are interested in being part of the national accreditation scheme, please send:
- An expression of interest
- A resume of qualifications, experience etc.
- The names and contact details of two referees
If you require further information please contact Amanda Adrian on 02 62749109 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward Expressions of Interest to Alison Sette, Executive Coordinator email@example.com by 16 November 2012.