The National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) Joan Hardy Scholarship for post-graduate nursing research – $5000. The scholarship recognises the contribution the late Joan Hardy made to higher education and higher education unionism in over 30 years of activism.
The Scholarship will be available for any student undertaking a study of nurses, nursing culture or practices, or historical aspects of nursing as a lay or professional practice. The student need not therefore be or have been a nurse and can be undertaking the study in disciplines/schools other than nursing. The Scholarship will be paid in two instalments; half on the awarding of the Scholarship and the remainder on evidence of submission of the thesis.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an academic award of an Australian public university, and expect to submit the thesis within one year of being awarded the Scholarship.
Applications should include the following information:
- Current CV.
- Details of current study focus - what question is being examined and its value to nursing.
- Evidence of award enrolment.
- Demonstration of capability of completion within one year of being awarded the Scholarship.
- Expected date of completion of award.
- References from the nursing industry, a nursing academic and head of research committee of the University where enrolled.
- Evidence of trade union membership from the relevant Union.
Applications should be forwarded to:
NTEU Education & Training Officer
PO Box 1323, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Applications close on Friday 28 July 2017. A decision will be made in late August 2017.