Immediate health advice
To speak to a registered nurse, call healthdirect's 24-hour health advice number at 1800 022 222.
Nurse-on-call puts you directly in touch with a registered nurse for caring, professional health advice around the clock. Call 1300 60 60 24 from anywhere in Victoria for free health advice, 24 hours a day.
Nursing and Midwifery Health Program Victoria - Caring for nurses and midwives. (03) 9415 7551 (business hours) and http://nmhp.org.au/
Health effects and Commonwealth Department of Health’s response
- Health alert: bushfires and smoke
- Information about bushfire smoke from the Acting Chief Medical Officer
- Immediate mental health services deployed into fire affected communities
- Affordable access to medicines for bushfire affected Australians
- $5 million for bushfire related health research
Smoke alerts and health risks
- ACT Emergency Services Agency (State of Alert Information and Hazardous Smoke and P2 Masks)
- How to manage bushfire smoke haze health risks
- We know bushfire smoke affects our health, but the long-term consequences are hazy
Commonwealth assistance programs for those affected by the bushfires crisis