The ANMF Federal industrial team works to protect and advance the industrial rights of nurses, midwives and assistants in nursing in all health settings throughout Australia.
Your working conditions and employee rights are our priority at the ANMF.
Under the direction of the union’s Federal Executive, we work to review and make amendments to awards and enterprise bargaining agreements. The Industrial Team makes submissions on your behalf to a range of key bodies such as Federal Parliamentary Committees, and the Productivity Commission. Our latest submissions are:
- Submission to the Productivity Commission Review of the Workplace Relations Framework;
- Submission to the Inquiry into the Fair Work Amendment Bill; and
- Senate Inquiry into the Temporary Work Visa Program.
In conjunction with every branch of the ANMF, we also coordinate the Industrial Advisory Committee of the Union to ensure your industrial interests are protected
Who we are - Industrial Team Members
Senior Federal Industrial Officer
Federal Industrial Officer
Federal Industrial Officer - Research
ANMF Industrial Priorities
The industrial rights of the nursing and midwifery family are our priority. We work to:
- Provide industrial leadership, and advocacy for nurses, midwives, and assistants in nursing at a Federal level.
- Focus on your pay and conditions by ensuring that planned and coordinated salary increases are achieved either through collective bargaining or through your federal nursing award.
- Maintaining and enhancing your conditions of employment.
- Providing support and advice to ANMF Branches.
- Developing a constructive relationship with the Federal Government, political parties and industrial bodies.
- Production of Nurses Paycheck.
- Representing your rights and interests to the Australian Council of Trade Unions and other unions.
We are here to help you. Contact the ANMF Industrial Team for any inquiries.
We also publish Industrial Columns in the ANMJ monthly and Nurses Paycheck on a quarterly basis.