The ANMF Federal industrial Team works to protect and advance the industrial rights of nurses, midwives and assistants in nursing in all health settings throughout Australia.
The working conditions and employee rights of members are our priority at the ANMF.
Under the direction of the union’s Federal Executive, we work to review and make amendments to awards and enterprise agreements. The Industrial Team makes submissions on the behalf of members to a range of key bodies such as Federal Parliamentary Committees and the Productivity Commission.
In conjunction with every branch of the ANMF, we also coordinate the following committees of the Union to ensure member interests are protected:
- Industrial Advisory Committee
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) and Workers’ Compensation Advisory Committee
Who we are - Industrial Team Members
Senior Federal Industrial Officer
Federal Industrial Officer - Research
Federal Industrial Officer
ANMF Industrial Priorities
The industrial rights of the nursing and midwifery family are our priority. We work to:
- Provide industrial leadership, and advocacy for nurses, midwives, and assistants in nursing at a Federal level.
- Focus on your pay and conditions by ensuring that planned and coordinated salary increases are achieved either through enterprise bargaining or through the federal nurses award.
- Maintain and enhance conditions of employment.
- Support and collaborate with ANMF Branches on a range of industrial, WHS and workers’ compensation matters.
- Develop a constructive relationship with the Federal Government, political parties and industrial bodies.
- Produce Nurses & Midwives’ Paycheck.
- Represent the rights and interests of members to the Australian Council of Trade Unions and other unions.
- Represent the rights and interests of members to WHS bodies such as Safe Work Australia.
Further information may be accessed through ANMF Branch websites.